Quality Inspector Siemens AG – Wadeville
About the role
In process Inspection:
- Check that the correct processes have been used as per QCP to manufacture products
- Check in process dimensions, runouts, distortion checks to protocols at machining/fitting work centres.
- Raise non-conformances to specifications. Document and sign off of in process protocols. Issue measuring equipment to Works.
- Verify the correct identification of incoming goods
Final / Dispatch Acceptance and product Inspection:
- Check final dimensions to drawings and dimensional check sheets
- Verify that all operations on routing, protocols and QCP have been signed off by respective operators and managers,
- Check that all documentation is in the work pack
- Mark components as per drawing
- Issue final ‘as dispatched’ reports with photographs.
- Verification of delivery note to actual parts loaded for dispatch.
- Packaging and Preservation of products after final inspection, to relevant standards. Labelling of product packaging according to instructions from the Process Planning File.
- Stores- Transfer of packaged product to stores/ dispatch. Completion of handover documentation. Completion of quality documentation. Handover of quality documentation to Planning.
Goods Receipt inspection:
- Visual examination during delivery of goods to check for transit damage.
- Incoming dimensional inspection of components from customers/suppliers (local and import) as per protocol check sheet and /or PO.
- Perform QC Inspections against purchase orders, specifications and codes.
- Sub-contractor quality inspections.
- Compile ‘as received’ report with photographs.
- Check raw material delivery against PO and material delivery specs
General inspection tasks:
- Monitors every process involved in the production of a product.
- Ensures the quality of purchased goods as well as finished goods meets the requirements.
- Responsible for the documentation of inspection and tests conducted on products.
- Performs verification on Incoming (Receiving), In-Process, and dispatched products.
- Visually compares work pieces against one another to assess/detect manufacturing variations in processes.
- Maintains record of inspections and prepares list of defects, interacts with other departments to ensure compliance with specification and to facilitate the acceptance of parts.
- Accurate and detailed reporting of all deviations from processes, procedures and defects found on manufactured product.
- Ensure that all measuring tools are duly calibrated and functional before use.
- Perform verification tests with measuring tools to confirm accuracy
- Analyses test results, takes within specification or out of specification decisions and/or provides relevant findings to accountable Engineer or Production Supervisor prior to release to next operation. Ensures proper documentation of all test procedures, findings and results are stored for easy retrieval
- Minimum Grade 12
- Diploma/Degree in Quality Management or relevant Engineering related field/ or Trade Test.
- Minimum of 7 years within manufacturing / engineering and quality organisation.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Fluent English language capabilities, both written and oral.
- Can communicate effectively with blue and white collar individuals.
- Excellent computer skills required; MS Office Package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc)
- Problem Solving and the ability to implement relevant solutions to problems or situational changes.
- Must be observant and detailed orientated
- Essential to have an in-depth knowledge and have worked with relevant ISO systems;
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity and honesty
Job ID: 188287
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Proprietary Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time