1. Nimart Nurse – Aurum Group Job Vacancies (Ekurhuleni /HSD/Tembisa North)
The Aurum Institute is offering a great opportunity to suitably qualified and experienced staff to contribute towards our mission to improve the health of people and communities through innovation in Global Health Research and Systems.
We are focused on research, support and implementing integrated approaches to managing TB and HIV.
The following positions have become available as part of the Health System Division projects.
The NIMART Nurse is responsible for providing holistic and comprehensive HIV / AIDS clinical care to patients and performing Clinical procedures and administering processes according to professional protocol.
Duties and Responsibilities required
- Provide Clinical Services
- Administrative Duties
- Liaison with internal and external customers and suppliers
- Human Capital Management
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- Registration with South African Nursing Council
- Completed NIMART Course
- Dispensing certificate
- Advanced diploma in Primary Health Care
- Minimum of two years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Adequate knowledge of HIV / AIDS patient management
- At least two years’ experience in Public Health Care environment
Whilst all applications will be carefully considered, only short-listed applicants will be interviewed. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this will mean that your application has been unsuccessful.
All interviewed applicants will receive feedback as part of our continued drive towards people development.
2. Clinical Nurse Trainer(TS/CN/GR)(EKURHULENI) – Aurum Group Vacancies
- Oversee OTLs as they train Community Health Workers (CHWs)
- Mentor OTLs as they train CHWs
- Conduct training of Outreach Team Leaders (OTLs) and Community Health Workers
- Assess OTLs for competency to train/support CHWs
- Ability to travel widely to Ekurhuleni facilities
- Ability to give constructive feedback
- Report writing skills
- Ability to identify knowledge and skills gaps in OTLs and find/suggest ways to address them
- Train OTLs on some clinical topics (including Non-Communicable Diseases) to strengthen their capability to support CHWs
- Train OTLs on certain clinical screening skills that they can pass on to support CHWs, as stipulated in their Scope Of Work (SOW)
- Supervise OTLs as they oversee CHWs and support their supervisory skills
- Attend necessary meetings and feedback to OTLs, CHWs and own supervisor
- Oversee and support other staff that might be attached to you
- Assist with other Aurum activities in the districts
- Handle programme activities as stipulated
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing (Registered Nurse)
- NIMART trained
- Mentoring certificate
- 5 years’ Nursing experience
- Experience in HIV and TB programmes
- SANC Registration
- Computer literacy
- Experience in working with Department of Health (DoH)
- Experience in working with PEPFAR-funded partners
- Own car and drivers licence
- Trained as PHC nurse
- Trained as CHW program Master Trainers
- Experience/Ability to manage and organize so that you can capacitate OTLs in managing CHWs
- NIMART certification
- APC training
- PHC re-engineering experience
3. Registered Nurse – Ampath Trust Job Vacancies
Ampath South Africa has vacancies for Registered Nurse at the Birchmed Day Clinic
ADVERT REF: 2019/1440
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse : Birchmed Day Clinic
JOB GRADE: 12
AREA: Jhb & Surrounds
DEPARTMENT: Birchmed Day Clinic Sisters
ACTUAL PLACE OF WORK: Kempton Park
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
WEEKLY HOURS: 40 Hours
TIME CONDITIONS: Day Shift
Purpose of Position:
- To provide quality customer service to consumers within the legal-ethical framework of the nursing profession.
- Nursing diploma
- Registered with the SANC as a Reg Nurse
- 2-3 years nursing/phlebotomy experience within a hospital and/or laboratory environment.
- Knowledge of the Nursing Council’ regulations
- Knowledge of the National Health Act
- Communication skills
- Numerical reasoning skills
- Must Have a Valid Drivers Licence (Code 8)
- Own Transport for Night Collection positions
- Knowledge of the Meditech system
- Basic knowledge of MS Word
- Basic knowledge of Excel
- Computer skills
- Perform administrative tasks to ensure correct recording and processing of information.
- Manage money/cash flow of depot to facilitate collection of payments for phlebotomy services rendered.
- Perform nursing procedures in order to ensure sufficient delivery of nursing services.
- Perform safety and quality control tasks to ensure that relevant standards are upheld.
- Maintain good client relations promote the image of Ampath.
- Customer Focus
- Action orientation
- Problem solving
- Quality orientation
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Attention to detail
- Task structuring
- Stress management
- Technical knowledge
- Overtime, Shifts, Weekends and Public Holidays
- Must be prepared to work Overtime, Weekends and Public Holidays
Applicants must have a South African ID or a valid South African work permit.
We do not accept any faxed or emailed CVs.
Please register and upload your CV to AMPATH VACANCIES