Tracker requires the services of an Installation Technician in the Technical Department. This department is responsible for effective installations of sophisticated electronic equipment into vehicles.
This position requires the candidates to support the existing organization of work and staff within the department as well as the different departments and branches within TRACKER.
- Attention to detail and meticulousness is an inherent requirement of the job.
- The candidates must be customer service driven and be able to work independently.
- The candidate must be well presented.
- Perform installations of sophisticated electronic units into various vehicle types including trucks and plant machinery.
- Perform the installations as per the set standard of quality.
- Perform the installations at a site convenient to the customer.
- Communicate with the customers regarding the installation process in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Complete all relevant documentation associated with the installation.
- Provide customer service in accordance with a set standard.
- Be responsible to determine and request additional stock in advance avoiding unnecessary delays.
- Perform your duties in a cost effective manner.
- National Technical Certificate in Automotive Electronics/Motor Mechanic.
- Matric will be advantageous
- Minimum 4 years experience as an auto electrician or motor mechanic
- The candidate must possess good communication and administrative skills.
- Possess good fault finding skills and techniques.
- Possess the necessary skills to deliver service excellence.
- Be prepared to travel.
- Computer literacy will be advantageous (MS Office)
- Valid driver’s license.
IT and Telecommunications