1. Civil Design Engineer Vacancy – Residential Properties
Civil Design Engineer for a South African-based company into residential properties is needed urgently.
This position exists within a small-privately owned company that has a full project-pipeline.
We are looking for an experienced Civil Design Engineer, someone that has previously worked on Designs for Residential and or Commercial Property Projects.
This is a fixed-term contract (12 months) that could be extended for a further 12 months (project dependent).
- Matric and Diploma / Degree – Civil Engineering, PRTech / PREng (advantage)
- 3-5 years‘ experience in Civil Design (reticulation, storm-water, retaining-walls, columns/beams, structures & steelwork on residential/commercial properties)
- Computer Literate: AutoCAD, AutoDesk, (3D), Microsoft Office, strong Excel skills
If you’re a SA Citizen and your background and experience meet the minimum requirements for this role. Please Apply Now.
If you haven’t heard from us within 2 weeks, please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Salary: R20 000 – R30 000 a month
2. Quality Professional ( Inspector) : Siemens AG – Wadeville
About the role
In process Inspection:
- Check that the correct processes have been used as per QCP to manufacture products
- Check in process dimensions, runouts, distortion checks to protocols at machining/fitting work centres.
- Raise non-conformances to specifications. Document and sign off of in process protocols. Issue measuring equipment to Works.
- Verify the correct identification of incoming goods
Final / Dispatch Acceptance and product Inspection:
- Check final dimensions to drawings and dimensional check sheets
- Verify that all operations on routing, protocols and QCP have been signed off by respective operators and managers,
- Check that all documentation is in the work pack
- Mark components as per drawing
- Issue final ‘as dispatched’ reports with photographs.
- Verification of delivery note to actual parts loaded for dispatch.
- Packaging and Preservation of products after final inspection, to relevant standards. Labelling of product packaging according to instructions from the Process Planning File.
- Stores- Transfer of packaged product to stores/ dispatch. Completion of handover documentation. Completion of quality documentation. Handover of quality documentation to Planning.
Goods Receipt inspection:
- Visual examination during delivery of goods to check for transit damage.
- Incoming dimensional inspection of components from customers/suppliers (local and import) as per protocol check sheet and /or PO.
- Perform QC Inspections against purchase orders, specifications and codes.
- Sub-contractor quality inspections.
- Compile ‘as received’ report with photographs.
- Check raw material delivery against PO and material delivery specs
General inspection tasks:
- Monitors every process involved in the production of a product.
- Ensures the quality of purchased goods as well as finished goods meets the requirements.
- Responsible for the documentation of inspection and tests conducted on products.
- Performs verification on Incoming (Receiving), In-Process, and dispatched products.
- Visually compares work pieces against one another to assess/detect manufacturing variations in processes.
- Maintains record of inspections and prepares list of defects, interacts with other departments to ensure compliance with specification and to facilitate the acceptance of parts.
- Accurate and detailed reporting of all deviations from processes, procedures and defects found on manufactured product.
- Ensure that all measuring tools are duly calibrated and functional before use.
- Perform verification tests with measuring tools to confirm accuracy
- Analyses test results, takes within specification or out of specification decisions and/or provides relevant findings to accountable Engineer or Production Supervisor prior to release to next operation. Ensures proper documentation of all test procedures, findings and results are stored for easy retrieval
- Minimum Grade 12
- Diploma/Degree in Quality Management or relevant Engineering related field/ or Trade Test.
- Minimum of 7 years within manufacturing / engineering and quality organisation.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Fluent English language capabilities, both written and oral.
- Can communicate effectively with blue and white collar individuals.
- Excellent computer skills required; MS Office Package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc)
- Problem Solving and the ability to implement relevant solutions to problems or situational changes.
- Must be observant and detailed orientated
- Essential to have an in-depth knowledge and have worked with relevant ISO systems;
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity and honesty
Job ID: 188287
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Proprietary Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
3. Service Engineer – Altron Job Vacancy
The Service Engineer is responsible for ensuring calls are attended to within the prescribed time frame to promote professional service image.
To service and maintain customer equipment with the Low/Mid volume and digital copier environment to ensure a high level of equipment availability and customer satisfaction
The Service Engineer is responsible for escalating any issues (physical faults or observations) that may impact on the efficiency/ productivity of the customers’ Xerox equipment.
- To perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on the full range of DIGITAL PRINTERS in the Johannesburg area.
- To exhibit a proactive approach in attending to customer needs.
- To follow effective call and service processes.
- To maintain updated knowledge of relevant product developments.
- To demonstrate care of all company assets.
- To exhibit a proactive approach to self development.
- Matric (Maths & Science)
- Minimum of N4 Electronics / Electromechanical qualification or equivalent diploma
- 2-3 years mid volume or digital experience
- Colour experience would be advantageous
- Valid Driver’s Licence